Should I buy it?!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slowburnaz, Jul 29, 2002.

1. slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    If I found a neck-through Warwick Thumb bass 5-string, w/ brass adjustable nut, 26-fret, 3-band EQ... used for $1299, should I jump on that thing like there's no tomorrow? It's in great shape, with only one blemish that could see.

I think the store doesn't know what they're doing, cuz they have the list price on the bass at $1800, and the used price is $1299. NT Thumb 5s go for about twice that list price!
  2. Better snap that bad boy up before I take the day off and drive from Chandler to inspect every music store in the Old Pueblo. 'Tis a steal from the sound of it. Pity it's probably not a broad neck, but if one is willing to sacrifice a little bit of the B-string's upper register, the Warwick bridge does allow some string spacing widening.

Shall we count on your representation st Hollywood Alley, Mesa, on Sept 11th for the firefighter's benefit bash?
  3. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Sounds like a good buy to me.. but offer him 1200 and see what he says...
  4. Try it ... A Warwick Thumb is a very good bass, but it has its own "personnality", so It's dificult to say if it suits to you (body, weight, sound, feeling ...).

So the best thing is to try if you feel comfortable with it. If evrything is OK, I think it's a very good price.
  5. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    And if you hate it, an eBayer will take it off your hands for $1,500.

Does this store have a website? ;)

6. oldirtymoney

oldirtymoney Banned

Jul 16, 2002
    california, carslbad
    warwick is the shiz, do it