Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should I buy or should I not ??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Basstyra, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Well, I asked my french fellows, but whereas I normally take decisions alone without problems (even stupid desicions...), I hereby need lots of advices... Or approbations to be more precise... :)

I sold my former bass this week, so I have money to spend. About 300€ (360$).

So the question : should I buy the Akai Deep Impact with this ? I really am interested in this pedal, but that's lots of money...

Thanks !!

2. NO WAAAY!! you should buy the electro harmonix bass microsynth, is better because its fully analog

3. I'll be the pro-Deep Impact argument...

The Deep Impact is absolutely more flexible and musical than the Microsynth. With preset capability, durability, and overall coolness, the Deep Impact is the way to go...but, it's really expensive. Before you dump all the cash on one, you should try it out to see if it's TOO good for what you really need.

I hate how big the Microsynth is and those little sliders are a pain. You spend hours dialing in 1 sound, and that's what you're stuck with, unless you stoop down and slide each slider to a new sound. Or, in the middle of a song you accidentally bump a slider, then you come to your all-important solo and you sound like junk. That's no good.

With all that being said, I want both of them.

4. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    Try one, well... I just can't, finding one near me would be a miracle !

I'm more thinking of this purchase as a try, in fact. If it pleases me, I keep it, if not, I re-sell it...

5. Send a PM to larrytron. He's in Bretagne, France (don't know if it's close to Lyon), but his profile says he owns a Deep Impact. Maybe you could set up a chance to test it out?

6. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    Hm... Thanks for the help, but it won't work, Bretagne is far from where I live (and I'm student, without a car...).

But anyway, I found some samples, I love thoses tones.... I'm asking advices, but I think my choice is done.... I fear, my choice is done... poor bankacount, you'll be empty one more time... :rollno:

I'll think about it, but well, those things can easily be resold, so why am I bothering...

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's way, way too much.
    Just wait until the hype goes away.

8. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    Hm, yeah...

You should know when this hype started, don't you ? For how long has it lasted ?

I don't mind waiting, but I'll prefer to have an idea of how long I will. I could easily wait with a Digitech bass Synth, I think.

9. Jazz Ad

Uh, when I started it ? :)
    No actually I'm not responsible this time.
    I believe it started when they got on sales for 89 $ here and there, about a year ago.
    You never know when it stops.
    I paid 180 for mine, 2 years ago.

10. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    Well, thanks, I'll consider this. I don't really mind buying a 300€ pedal, but in fact I fear its value could decrease, making me loose my investment.

Waht hype are you sure you started ? :p

11. Jazz Ad

Korg owes me money. So do Yorkville and Boss. :)

12. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    are there any boss me-6b's or me-8b's around? maybe you can get by with one of those for a bit. doesnt seem to have as wide a sweep or, wet a sound, but it sounds pretty good o nthe few jamiroquai songs that use synth

specifically the song "high times" has a close enough synth sound from an me8b that it made me happy enough not to pony up for an expensive pedal

13. Gnezkewl

Gnezkewl

Jul 16, 2009
    The boss me8b is great, I picked one up for $44 shipped to my house, talk about a deal

14. Dude....4 year old thread. Nice.