Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should I buy these? What to watch out for?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by erik_hammarlund, Apr 13, 2004.

1. I'm relatively new to bass. Just picked up a roland db-500 combo which is all i realistically need for now. But SOME day i'll want more and these *are* pretty cheap....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10171&item=3717439891&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
    what's involved in turning these into actual working cabs? Drivers, i assume.... are these good cabs? Worth the $? How much would it cost to make them work? (I've never priced a driver though I'm handy with tools and own all the necessary equipment)

2. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    It will cost about $200 for a decent pair of new or used 15" speakers. You can also tack on an additional $25-50 for jacks, jack plates, and cable. NTM, that the unlaoded cab is going to run you $125 plus shipping. I think that for $300 you could something a lot nicer that would not require any work to get the cab operational and sound better. Unless you are looking for vinatge gear and a have a stash vintage speakers and hardware, I would pass.

PS items sell like this sell because they are cheap and people often over look the total amount of money that they will need to invest to get the piece operational. Often times, the price it will take is usaually more than what the thing is worth if it were already operationl. items like these are good deals if you are a collector and already have parts for the piece.

3. thanks for the info. I'll take a pass.