should i buy this cab....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SkaKing27, Jun 4, 2003.

1. SkaKing27

Sep 1, 2002
    St.Louis MO
    well,I went to a local music store and saw in the used section a 2x15 Crate cab,it's it good condition and sounds pretty good through an ampeg head I was using at the store,thing is I don't have tons of money,the cab is only 250 but I won't have money to get a head,I didn't see any cheaper ones there,I will probably only have about 200 bucks for a head,what do you guys think I should do.thanks a bunch.
  2. MattyN

May 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    personally, i'd keep saving. i'm not a crate fan.

but if you like the way it sounds... that's what matters.
  3. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Save your money!! There's better cabs your can find for that price.

Dec 28, 2002
    HUMM 450 to spend... have ya though about getting a combo? it could be better going that route since geting heads and speaker cabels and cabs can get expensive..of course i never owned a combo
    i just i meen just got a b4r head YAY its still in the mail though :( i have a old peavey 400 for sale works killer(a couple pots a little scrathy)
    but has served me very well.. 2 ohm stable they sell for about 150+shipping on ebay wich is where i was gonna put it soon but not in a hurry..if ya want to see some pics let me know mabey well work something out
  5. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Avatar + ebay ss pv/acoustic/sunn = cheap good performance rig
  6. avatar 2x10 cabs are 270 with shipping
  7. I wouldn't go for Crate. Keep saving. Also, you don't want to carry that big 2x15 to every gig. Get something more portable.

8. Not sure about pricing where you are, but portability of a 2 x 15 is a pain. I ha d aCerwin Vega 2 x 15 for a while - bought it used. Sound was real good, but it was at leats a 2 man lift.

Save your money....a combo sounds like it might be ideal for you on a limited budget!
  9. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

If I had $450.The best bang for me would be a used Peavey BX15 (BW). They do for $150.-#200. Then A Hartke 3500 Used for $350. You may have to save a little more, but you won't find more bang for your buck.
  10. Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    RU just in the market for a 2x15 or looking for suggestions on a new rig???
  11. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    just a 2x15? how about a 2x15 2x12 cab... shipping?

12. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    That cab is actually pretty decent and weighs very little for a 2x15 around 60 lbs. I'd go for it.
  13. i'm not a fan of crate either, but if it sounds like you want it to sound, then that's all that matters!

Definitely check out some used stuff, especially combos!