Should I buy this???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ocelot_ark, Jul 31, 2002.

1. ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    I've got the opportunity to purchase a Mesa 18" and a GK 400RB for $325. What do you think? Go for it? I've got a Henry the 8x8, and figure the Mesa would give it that booming low end that it doesn't have. The 400rb...would that work well with this setup? I'm kind of leaning towards buying the whole setup, then selling he 400rb on ebay...for profit ;-)

Any input is greatly appreciated!
  2. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    At that price, I wouldn't be surprised if there was something wrong with the amp and/or the cab. Is the seller someone local or someone you know, or is this an internet deal? Also, the 400rb would be pretty underpowered. This would be a 2 ohm impedance load, right?
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I don't know what the ohmage of that cab is, but the power is thing that struck me, too.

The 18" I have (and others I have had) are watt-hungry. Will that 240W GK be enough to even move the coil on that 18"??? Sounds kinda puny to me at first glance.
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah that GK won't push your henry and and mesa 18'... but total.. doesn't seem like a bad deal..... but you should double check and make sure it all works...

I wouldn't keep that GK head though..