1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Should I Buy ... (well I can't)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Blue, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Blue

Blue

Jun 19, 2004
    Central NC
    Gotta love threads that ask "I'm looking at buying ... my only issue is ... but I'm wondering if ... does anyone else have ... "

Then after many comments from the community, the original poster comes back with, "Unfortunately I have to wait until I get a job and finances improve before I can buy anything"

2. Foz

Foz

Jul 26, 2008
    Jax FL USA
    Man's gotta have a dream.

3. LOL, busted one NZBassman.

I agree, questioning the merits of one's dream rig is unfair to forum members earnestly helping out the real dealers. It dilutes the forum experience and should be banninated I tell you, BANNINATED!

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Did it last night. Got all up in asking about this Stellartone tone knob, and I really am interested but had a few questions, and I can't buy right now. Tough crap. Welcome to the internet. Now just answer my lame-ass questions.

:D

5. arai

arai Banned

Jul 16, 2007
    Nothing wrong with a bit of research before you can afford whatever is your fancy. Gives you time consider your options regarding what you really need opposed to want at the time.
    Also regular posters on forums love giving advice. Win win

6. If someone can't afford the gear in question I would prefer they joined a current thread. If there is no current thread they should pipedream away searching around old threads in private rather than start a public pipedream.

7. arai

arai Banned

Jul 16, 2007
    I can't see the difference really, what does it matter if the OP ends up buying or not buying at that stage? it might bring up new info that lurkers could use and gives vocal folk a chance to impart their wisdom

8. As one of the vocal folk I have registered my dislike of having chain yanked, per the OP.

9. mystic38

mystic38

Dec 4, 2012
    Mystic CT
    as a topic I find those far less intrusive than NAD, NCD, NRD, NBD etc, and as there is zero requirement to participate I fail to see the issue...

Now, if you wanted to talk about pointless threads...................lol

10. arai

arai Banned

Jul 16, 2007
    lol touche