Should i cut my hair

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hetsscaryguy, May 9, 2005.

1. hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    well the title speaks for itself, im thinking of cutting my hair. its about 12-16 inches long now, about half way down my back. im a guy by the way. i've been thinkin bout this for a while now and im really considering, what do you guys think?
  2. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    If you can't make this decision without consulting TB....mmm mmm mmm.
  3. hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    yeah, thought as much. i just dont know what to do with it if i do. i was never into the whole thing of putting gel or anything in my hair or styling it in any way.

anybody suggest anything to do with it, i was thinking maybe leave 3/4" - 1" on top and spike it a little, whats people opinions??
  4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    We need pictures! Also a job description, hint, if your an accountant get out the siscors! :D
  5. hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    ah i could make it but it would just take longer, ive already asked all my friends, family, local bar staff, local bar security but i just need a few more opinions.

i'll try and find a photo but i cant find a very clear one at the moment.

im a student but i work at the moment as a part-time customer service advisor for AIB bank. (I only have to answer phones in a call centre). but i hope to be leaving that job to go and work in my local pub as a trainee bar man.
  6. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    No, long hair looks good on everyone...

7. matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    My hair was at my waist, but starting to recede in the front, so I decided to do the "Tony Levin". Best move I ever made, but I did get lucky as I have the "right shaped" head for it. If you're not sure, go for a 1/2 inch all around.
  8. Marvellous. :D :D

The picture, I mean. ;)
  9. get it cut to about an inch and a half and spike it up all over. It looks kool and is easy to do.
  10. cgworkman

May 14, 2004
  11. Here's what you do...
    Find a good local Salon, a high-end one. Shell out the cash to have your hair cut there. Tell the stylist kinda what your intentions are, then tell them to just make you look good. You can even take them a pic of what you like. It's a big leap of faith, but you won't be dissapointed. After that you can go back to your regular, cheaper, place. I have done this several times, and it works really good. They are trained to know what will make you look the best with the shape of your face and color of your hair, and stuff like that.
  12. First of all, if you like it - keep it. If it's really driving you nuts, then by all means, shear it off. If you're not sure, you could always get it cut back to around your shoulders or something, and then go on from there.
  13. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Well if you get girls, keep it long. I kinda want to grow my hair to my waist and windmill it like Cliff Burton but I know the girls won't go for that...
  14. cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Have you bitten anyone on the neck recently?
  15. munificent

Mar 15, 2005
    +1. Drop at least $30 on the cut, buy whatever products they recommend, and put faith in them. There's in impressive level of subtley in hair styling and cutting, and a good stylist will make a huge difference.
  16. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Unless it's getting in the way of your hands or your eyes, I can't think of anything that has less to do with playing the bass than this.

No offense, but make a decision and get on with becoming a better musician.
  17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, I would ask the opinion of people around you. I know some guys who look lame without long hair.
  18. Probably why it's in off-topic. Or did you find the giant cheeseburger thread particularly salient with regard to playing bass? ;)
  19. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    ...I need to stay out of the Off-topic threads.