Should I do it, or am I just having a bad day?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I've become obsessed with the idea of trading in my Warwick Corvette and MIA P-Deluxe for a Streamer Jazzman. I'm considering making an even trade (or see below).

I fall in and out of love with my basses all the time and right now all I'm using is my MM. The Warwick rarely if ever comes to a gig with me anymore, and the P-bass (which is sometimes my fav), I'm realizing I just really like because of the feel and weight of it. I never really liked the sound.

Also - anyone within driving distance of Bklyn, NY interested in either of the 2 above mentioned basses. I'm not into shipping a bass, and I'd prefer that if someone bought one from me, that they check it out and see it first.
  2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Personally, I'd do it. But then, I really like the Streamer Jazzman basses. If you really like it, do it.

But you better at least sleep on it, it wouldn't be very good if ya did it in hast and woke up the next morning regretting it and hating yourself.;)
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If you're not happy w/a particular bass or peice of equipment, get rid of it. I don't beleive in keeping basses for the long haul. There will always be something out there that is better & if I find it, I'll most likely unload what I have to get it!!!! Pack rat, I am not!!!!
  4. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I say go for it! Get what you like.
  5. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    IMO, it depends what you are going to do with the streamer jazzman. If you're going to get rid of it in a month, i wouldn't go for it, but if you're going to keep it for a while, you should go for it.
  6. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2001
    The Midwest of USA
    Go for it...I traded and bought and sold so many basses these years of playing people thought of me as the bass pimp.

But, no, none of my Modulus' are for grabs. Get yer own!:)
  7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If it's gonna make him happy for that month Let him be happy. If something better comes along after he buys the Streamer Jazzman, you gotta do what you gotta do.

You never really know how "happy" you are w/a peice of equipment until you play it @ rehearsal, shows & or recording sessions. Everything seems to play, sound & feel good @ the store. :)