1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should I do this, or not bother???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slinginsix, Mar 14, 2008.

1. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    I have an Eden Metro Combo, 2x10DLX, I also have as a cabinet a Mesa, 1x12. Should I play through the Metro only, for optimal tone, or power the Mesa, to push more air.??:meh:

2. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    It's up to you and what you think. You can do both and I'm sure it would sound great either way.

3. typicly combos shouldnt run extension cabs...they are kind of built for the cab thy are with.. also 2 10s at a low wattage will prolly sound better than 1 12...unless youve got watts enough for both and then some extra on the side...id just run the 10s it came with..but just my humble opinion

4. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I've got a 210 combo and a 115 extension speaker. The amp has plenty of juice for all three speakers and the rig together sounds great. YMMV.

5. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    DITTO:hyper:

6. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Um, most combos have extension speaker jacks just for that specific purpose, because they're NOT built just for the cab they're with.

7. slinginsix

slinginsix

Jan 11, 2005
    upstate ny
    THnx all, obviously I'm gonna try both methods and decide for myself, but I appreciate your comments..