1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Should I do this?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RicoDirenzo, Apr 3, 2009.

1. RicoDirenzo

RicoDirenzo

Apr 3, 2009
    Chico, CA
  2. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    certainly cheap enough.
    I don't think you'll find too much love for it.
    Search this forum to get a better idea of what we all like to use here

3. That BLX is a good cab, you may want to look @ the gold-line series from GK if you are looking for crisp highs.

4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    I can't imagine why one 2x10 would have significantly better mids than another, and neither should you. The usual reasons for poor mids isn't the driver anyway, it's from having the drivers side by side and from having the cab on the floor where you can't hear them as they pass you by at knee level. Cure the first problem by rotating the cab, the second by tilting it back.

5. RicoDirenzo

RicoDirenzo

Apr 3, 2009
    Chico, CA
    I have a Kustom 215H Groove Bass cab and was thinking that adding two 10's on top of the Kustom for upper end. The Kustom has a horn with adjutment. I played for quite awhile through a Fender 4x12 guitar cab from my old M80 combo but it was not good on the low end and I was fearful of trashing the non bass 12's. So, am I being an idiot thinking that adding 2x10 on top of the Kustom will be helpful?

6. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Your original post says you have a 210. A 2x10 above a 2x15 will add some mids; keep the drivers vertically aligned. However, a good 2x15 vertically aligned, or a pair of good 1x15s vertically stacked, should have pretty good mids anyway, so rather than lug around a 2x15 and a 2x10 I'd be looking at a 2x15 or pair of 1x15s that give you the tone you want. There's not a huge difference between the mids of lower end versus higher end tens, but there is a huge difference between those of low end versus high end fifteens.