1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Should i get a new rig or just add a new cabinet??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thefid89, Jan 15, 2012.

1. thefid89

thefid89

Feb 3, 2009
    Mcallen Tx
    Hey guys i need some advice i currently run a gk mb210 combo its great but i lack power sometimes. The tone is great and sounds awesome and works for both my electric/upright bass stuff. I work at best buy and get great prices on stuff, we recently got the hartke LH500 and the 1x12 hydrive cabs in-stock at the store, do you think i should just add the 1x12 cab to my mb210 or should i just pickup two of the 1x12 cabs and the LH500 head? The sound of the new hartke stuff is great, a little lack of mids but i got a preamp for tailoring my sound.

2. I'm not familiar with any of that gear but adding 2x10 extension cab to your combo should give great result. The 1x12 may or may not.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 GK makes a matching 2x10 for that combo. that would be the best choice. Anything else is a crapshoot, unless you start over.

4. thefid89

thefid89

Feb 3, 2009
    Mcallen Tx
    well that is an option to start over with two 1x12 cabs and the LH500 head

5. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    If you really need the extra power of the LH500 then I would go that route with the two 1x12 cabinets. Otherwise I would do as the others suggested and get the matching 2x10 GK cabinet to go with your current amp.