Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should I get a trace-elliot?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The_Bass, Sep 11, 2000.

1. I just called some stores to check on amps.. and what I liked most was a used trace-elliot 350w amp with 4x10 and 1x15 cabs. This was all for 110.000 Icelandic kronur (that´s somewhere around $1300)

is this a good deal if I get the money?

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    YEEEES!!
    Try taking it for $1200 or less. Trace ELLIOT iS GREAT, and pretty expensive.
    Check if the 4x10 is the 1048T ,if it is... Get it! That cab costs around $800.

3. fenderjazzbas

fenderjazzbas

Sep 9, 2000
    Hi there!!

Yes, Trace Elliot is a very good Amp!!

But you should really try Ashdown ABM 300 or 500 first, before you buy a Trace. Why??

It is the same guy who build Trace before, that builds Ashdown now. Read about Ashdown tests at internet bass-sajts and you will find out that Ashdown always gets the highests points.

+{oo}+
    +{oo}+
    II
    ||
    ||
    ||
    ||
    || _______________
    \\ || ***|O¨^¨ASHDOWN ^¨¨|
    \`|| // * |-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|
    | []´| * |-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|
    | || | * |-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|
    / [] :\ * |-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|
    \_____¤/********* * |-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|
    ******* |_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_|

4. MrGump

MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    That price sounds a little high,for here in the states,but is probably good for your area.I have been a Trace Elliot user for about 15 years now.Never had an amp break down.
    I am thinking about buying an Ashdown combo(if I could play one first)but an Ashdown set up with 4x10s,1-15,and a 300 or so watt head,will cost alot more.

5. Hi
    I used various Trace-Elliot amps on gigs and have a coomando15 at the studio for practise.They all sound and work great.I think a TE amp is the one of the best choices that a bassplayer could make.

6. 5156246

Sep 6, 2000
    Germany
    TAKE IT!

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    from what i understood, the guys who started ashdown were marketing people over at trace elliot, not exactly the individuals responsible for amplifier design. i'm not certain, though. i would ask steve lawson over in "the outer limits" section - he would know, if you are interested.

8. MrGump

MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    As John T.says,Bruce Lindfield is probably the best one to answer this question,but Im reasonably certain the Trace Elliot designer started Ashdown.I believe his name is Mark somethihg.

9. yeah, I´m also pretty sure that the designer of trace-elliot started ashdown...

but all I need now is money! and that´s something I don´t have! :(