1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

should I get a vintage guv'nor??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lowmid, May 6, 2005.

1. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    I can eventually have a vintage guv'nor for about 90 bucks shipped, is this an interesting deal, won't I be disapointed, I had had the new guv'nor plus which was good but not very bassy, of maybe hard to set up for a good sound so i'm asking....

I can send the pedal back if I don't like it.....

ps: it is a korean, not the english model, are those equipped with a good bypass?.

2. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    anyone in there???

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Well just for the fact that Tim Commerford has one, i'd probably get it.

There also vintage and rare so i'd probably get it.

4. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Okay!!! the fact that's a korean one also play, I would dare modifying an english model... perhapse i'm going to build something like this for the pedal: a true bypass loop box, with a 300 hz lowpass filter, like in the 105q wah(not sure about the freq) so only the mids and highs will be affected

any thoughts about that??? should I try another frequency??

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Now you've lost me.

If you want to keep the lows you could get a loooper with a dry wet rocker.

6. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    TimmyC uses a few distortions including one he made himself. He often throws out false info because he doesn't want anyone to cop his sound.

I say "try before you buy". Make trips to GC and Sam Ash and A/B them. What myself, another person on this board or Timmy likes may not be what you like, and the distortion one of us uses may not give the same sound for you as it does for one of us becasue of variations in gear.

Ted

7. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Okay, anyway, i'm quite not sure about it, wha'ts sure thought is that the sparkle drive I tested with my rig sounded quite incredible, it was very clear yet it had a certain mojo to it. I think i'll be going fo this one... maybe with a keeley mod, Dunno

I'd buy this one plus a russian big muff.... and as far as boosters go, what would you advice??