Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should i get a wireless???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by morty25, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Hey, i was thinking of getting a wireless because im realy sick of leads getting in the way everywere and my lead caused a major accident were a totally screwed up my bass but thats a different story. Are they any good?? what should i get?? can i get a cheap one???

thanks morty

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    You should do a search for "wireless" in this forum, it has been debated quite a bit.

I believe most people will say that you can not find a wireless unit that sounds as good as a good cable, especially with a low B 5-string. And none of the good units are cheap either. Low price ones simply don't work for bass.

Even Shure states on their web site that their wireless units are not really good for bass...

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The best bang-for-buck I've found is the Shure UT. It goes down to 20 hz, and costs about $300 US. I use one, and it's fine. The main thing is getting one with a frequency response that's goes down to 30 hz or lower.

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    try finding a used x-wire...those were really sweet systems. i got rid of mine a few years ago, and it worked great. i wish i had it back.

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    i know a guy that has one of the cheaper nady wireless systyms, (one of the $100 ones) his doesnt give him a bad sound and he doesnt usually get signal interference either. Ive used it myself a time or two and thought it didnt sound 1/2 bad with my bass/rig.

6. what make is it???

7. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    i cant remember what the make is, all i remember him saying was it was the cheapest one nady makes and he paid $100 for it.