Should I get the warwick even though....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bartman, Feb 10, 2005.

1. ... I dont really like the head stock.

I tried out a Thumb 6 string at a store and I love the sound. Literally. I was at the store for about 6 hours and the bass guy was throwing all sorts of beauties at me when I told him what my price range was ($1500 USD, but im in Canada so let's just say $2000 CAD). hehe The modulus ones sounded awesome as usual. I tried about 4 of them: a Genesis, Quantums (Used) and even one of the "SweetSpot" ones. Those are nice. :eek: :eek:

Anywho, Thumb is cheaper in price and sounds awesome and I totally love every inch of it other then the headstock. I dont know exactly what it is. I dont totally HATE it, but i'm just not too fond of it and I'm positive that most people will differ with opinions on this. Not being comfortable with the headstock is probably a small price to pay because the sound on this baby rocks. Hopefully if I DO get it, i'll get used to it.

Anyone else experience situations like this?

2. deal with it? if you like the tone and feel, buy it.
  3. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Would you pick this bass in a blindfold test? If so, just get it... I doubt you'd have any regrets.

I like the standard Warwick headstocks, although the 6er does look a little different. I'm sure if you really like the bass, it'll grow on you. :)
  4. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    in the words of the almighty NTB, "g3t teH WaRWiCKz!1!!!!!1!!!"
  5. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Do it. You won't even notice the headstock when you're playing.
  6. funny, the warwick headstock is my personal favourite headstock design out there,

definatly don't let it influence your choice. :bassist:
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    I have to say that headstock looks have never been a factor in whether of not I would buy a bass. I've got a thumb and I love it. I would definitely get it if I were you.
  8. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    If you aren't in love with the headstock, whatever you do, don't buy that bass!!!
  10. tiefling

Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
    "someone" mentions the warwick growl in 3...2...1...
  11. RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    Get it! The Thumb is one of my favorite basses period!
  12. RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA

:) :bassist:
  13. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    I also love the headstock on my warwick! I find it very easy to tune during a gig. Just feels correct to me
  14. Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Yeah, I would definately have to say that the Warwick headstock is one of my favorites. But as Hurley000 said, if you would pick it in a blindfold test, get it.
  15. The Warwick headstock is actually a pretty nice design. I like the angled tuners. Like everybody else said, it's a pretty small detail. Think of all the guys who play Fender guitars and basses. Does ANYBODY like Fender headstocks? I doubt it.
  16. Sergio

Apr 7, 2004
    Lafitte, LA
    What are you talking about? I LOVE Fender headstocks! Probably my favorite part of the bass, besides the neck.

But yeah, I say go for it. I mean, is that the ONLY thing you don't like about the bass?
  17. I love the Warwick Headstock.

But only you can decide if you can live with it ;)
  18. mashed potatoes

mashed potatoes

Nov 11, 2003
    i originally didn't like the headstock design, but i bought a warwick anyways. i just loved the way it played... and yes, tiefling, i loved that warwick growl tone that i could get out of it.

a year later, i still get questions about my bass, but nearly everyone knows it's a warwick, and a lot say they recognized the headstock right away. i think it's grown on me :)
  19. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I always liked the headstocks actually. Those big ol, almost paddle board like ones are my favorites. Zon, Ken Smith, Spector, Warwicks mmmmmmm

20. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    I find it funny how the body doesnt through you off, which it does most people, yet the head stock does. Buy it if you like it, unless you like the modulus more.