1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should I get this bass? - Vantage 6 string Neck-Thru -

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ai4281, Nov 12, 2006.

1. ai4281

ai4281

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver
    Im sorry that Im posting a noob thread, but I need your help!

I found this 6 string Vantage bass... How does this look? is this a good buy? I can't find any reviews for this on internet, so I thought I'd come to some of the older members of Talkbass who might have some experience with these Vantage basses... please take a look at the link

http://vancouver.kijiji.ca/c-buy-an...k-Thru-Vantage-Bass-For-Sale-W0QQAdIdZ6120820

any kind of information is helpful... thanks

2. Even considering the exchange rate issue, I'd vote no. From what I remember Vantage was a brand just barely a step above the truly awful "beginner basses" before instruments at the $200 level really became usable basses around the mid-'90s - an example would be my first, a "Pro Session" P-copy which was neither pro nor a session bass. It took some serious tweaking to make it a playable bass.

I'd check out some of the lower-end Ibanez, Dean, Schecter, Spector Legend series and other more mainstream brands. Even the newer "beginner" basses such as SX are miles above what Vantage was. Used is also a great way to save yourself some money while getting a better bass in the process.

3. bassrebel

bassrebel

Mar 7, 2005
    Orlando, Fl
    600 is too much for that bass