Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

should i get this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by devil259, Mar 6, 2004.

1. devil259

devil259

Feb 13, 2004
    i plan to get a BC rich beast series bass for modding...
    any suggestion? ;) :confused:

2. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003
    Suggestions? Don't get it.

From my experience, B.C Rich only sells guitars and bass guitars for their body shapes. Poor design, poor electronics, poor hardware, poor construction, poor everything. Even their famous body shapes are uncomfortable to play, anyway you play them, either sitting down or standing up.

But they get away with it because most of their customers want something that looks cool, while they are trying to look cool. They don't care about tone, the sound, or how the guitar plays. They just want something to further enhance their apperance and goes well with halloween make-up.

3. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003
    But if I was you and wanted those body shapes, I would go to warmoth.com. They sell parts and kits to build basses with very high quality. You can buy many B.C Rich style bodies made from any wood that they carry. They can even finish the body for you in many colors and finishes. So you can buy the body, neck, all the parts (including pickups), and they can assemble the bass for you or you can put it together youself (would not recommend).

So you still have your Rich but it would only be uncomfortable , rather than be uncomfortable plus play and sound like a piece of sh*t.

4. devil259

devil259

Feb 13, 2004
    Ah...thanks for the site
    heh...as u can see i am a newbie. thanks for letting me know how suck is BC rich... :D :smug: