Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should i get this Fender, Marcus Miller Sig used?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jan 31, 2002.

1. I was in a local music shop today. They had a Fender Marcus Miller sig bass used for $300. It's in excellent condition, and even though i normally don't like fedner, it played real smooth with a real nice smooth slap/pop. What do you guys think of this bass? As a Jazz bass and as a bass?

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    $300 and in excellent condition! RUN don't walk back to the store and snap it up, it ain't gonna last.

3. How much are they new?

4. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
  5. Ok, so price-wise no doubt that it's worth it. Like it i said, it had a real smooth neck which made it easy to play. Plus the tension was real good to for slapping. I need a 4 string anyways. So yeah, i really want to go back tommorow and try it out again and maybe buy it right there. So what do the rest of you think of this bass? And thanks MJB

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    More than the one you saw. That's a steal. I'll buy it if you don't want it.

I can come up tomorrow.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If you or Brad don't buy it, I'll send you the money to buy it for me. That is a heck of a deal!

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    geez, that is one heck of a deal.... will you take a check to pick it up for me?

P@

:D

9. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I have one and I love it. For $300 you can't go wrong, and if you decide you don't like it down the road you will certainly be able to flip it for what you paid if not more.

10. that really is a great deal, go buy it now! too bad I never see those kinda bargains here in the Netherlands....

11. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've played a few of those. They are great! Buy it. That's an excellent price.