Should i get this fixed

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by byrdsfan, May 24, 2004.

1. byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    Well it is a POS but it's my first bass amp, a Kustom 50 combo. It's had one 15" and makes a better bench than amp but it's sitting in my father garage and now that I'm playing again ...
    What's wrong, besides its fart-like tones, is that it hums like crazy. Maybe buzzes is a better description. I don't know what's wrong with it but figure just having it looked at will cost me $100.
    Now i have an AMpeg Rocket 100 thats fine for my purposes. But maybe a line a out to another amp, even this one, would amp some depth.
    Or since my band practices in my basement, we could use it as a guitar amp.
    Any guesses on what's causing the loud hum/buzz and how much it would run me?
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    if the other amp, the "rocket 100" looks like or you are sure its a bass amp USE THE AMPEG [​IMG]

if not I'd say save up your money (about $350) and get a decent amp. I'm now on a yorkville kick so check out yorkville bass amps click here maybe start with the xm100c, not the 50 (might be too quiet for your "needs".
  3. byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    Yeah that's my rocket and it's a beaut. Just wondering if i should bother with the Kustom, for a spare or in addition to or whatever. But prices on equipment have fallen so much, while the cost of getting stuff fixed has risen, we're in more of disposable society than ever.