1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

should i get this warwick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Mar 7, 2004.

1. i vote for amp.

plenty of good 2ndhand deals come and go, all you need is time, but youre not in immediate need of a better bass.

5 months ago i got a warwick corvette proline from 1993 for 550 euros. 2 months ago i got a Trace 400W tube head with 4x10 for 650 euros.

Soundwise both were an upgrade. Amp is very important for good sound and even for definition. in my band, i noticed i got far better definition after i got the trace. it really helped.

I say: get a nice head, youll be happy with it. If i have GAS, its always for a bass. But soundwise, amp is as important as the bass, and imo even MORE important than the bass.

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eek:

'93 'vette Pro? You lucky ba$$tad! I wish I could find such killer deals on lefyty sixers, but there are none, especially here! :bawl:

(well, that is partly because only a handful of people venture to play a 6 here... hehehe :p )

3. its a 5er, a righthanded proline with EMG's. ill have it sanded a bit next week to remove all the dirt and itll look brandnew.

check ebay germany. youll find something similar. you can have it shipped to germany with no problem, or go and drive yourself perhaps.

4. You won't regret it. MIG Warwicks will hold their value, so if you don't like it, and have a real burning desire for the head, do it that way.

IMPORTANT NOTE: What you are contemplating is likely a Corvette Standard with J pickups; you might wanna try to find an FNA variant, since it has the MM pickup you are presently familiar with, and 3-band active EQ. The FNA Jazzman is a bit pricier, but adds in a J pickup too. I worship mine (limited edition 2002--f'ck'n gorgeous)

5. I have a Corvette FNA Jazzman and I think is one of the best warwicks I has a coil switch for the pickups and a 3 way and VERY powerful preamp. amazing for tapping and very quiet.

6. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Well, no such deals in lefty :bawl: and sixers are rare either way, too... 99% that my next bass will have to be ordered - or have custom-made... ;)

7. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    erm... hmm... Groove Tools, your user name got a bit outdated, aint it? ;) :D