1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

should i go to the baseball game alone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, May 3, 2010.

1. :confused:

i can get tickets to the local minor league team behind home plate for $12 but all my friends have jobs and other obligations during the 10am game.

should i go be a loner for the sake of the awesome seat in the new stadium of the mediocre team?

2. dude. go. drink a couple beers, get into the game. High five seat mates.

3. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    definitely - you love the sport who cares! I do alot of things alone but that's only because I'm stupid and ugly.

4. definitely too early for me to be drinking but perhaps a brat or nachos.

5. Definitely go and definitely drink a beer!

I go to a lot places by myself because of my lame friends. I've met a couple of new people doing this and I've made a one good friend.

6. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Wow, $12 for minor league ball. I would rather organize a road trip and go see some real baseball.

Maybe I'm just bitter, because I was at a local AAA game once, and a guy hit a foul pop up. I'm like, hey--that's coming this way, like close, HOLY CRAP IT'S RIGHT TO ME! So anyway, some idiot jostled me just enough that it hit off the base of my thumb and there went my chance at fame and stardom. There was much jeering and heckling. The kicker was when an old guy that must have been 90 years old came up offering his hat to help me catch a ball. :meh:

7. who hasn't enjoyed a brew by himself at 10am?:ninja:

Point was: go and have fun.

Usually when I go to games (rarely) I go with my wife. First time we saw the royals, during the 3rd inning she said " has the game started yet" :rollno: I think sometimes, going by myself = more baseball time and less bs time.

8. its a new stadium and like i said a really good seat. at the old stadium it was possible to get free general admission but a $10 upgrade to the box seats.

new stadium= new prices. i was expecting higher.

i could take $2 general admission but you can't follow the game from the left field standing only area. i prefer a chair and a view from either behind the plate or on first base.

9. Yeah I'd go! Those games are always fun!

10. stinger12345

stinger12345

Jan 24, 2009
    Hayward, CA
    Hm, maybe you should work on having a job or other obligations at 10 am?