Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

should i go used or new?im really confused

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by harmonix82, Jun 8, 2002.

1. harmonix82

harmonix82

Jun 8, 2002
    hi guys
    need your help with something else. i was thinking of buying a B2r head and i guess firstly do you guys think it would be loud enough for a 5 pce band, thatd play pubs, clubs small venues etc?

and anyway should i consider getting the head new or used? i thought at first that i should get the head new and the cab used. but it retails for about $1999aussie while i can get it used on ebay for less than half that. so what do you guys think?
    also iv bought heaps of stuff off ebay before but none of them musical, think its a good idea to get it without trying?

and one last question would an AMPEG SVT 2X15 BASS CABINET be too loud? i dont know anything about these but was getting a good price on one. so b2r n svt good deal?
    thanks heaps!
    :confused:

2. Get em used. If they look to be in good condition, and are priced good, go for it.

As for the too loud issue...you can always turn down. But you can't turn up if you're at 10.

3. harmonix82

harmonix82

Jun 8, 2002
    thanks for that.
    i guess about the power my question really was if the b2r with an output of either 200w@8ohm or 350w@4ohm..would be able to handle the 215 which i think is 800w@4ohm.
    i dont really understand how the 4ohm and 8ohm work.. so really lost bout that.
    any help would be appreciated thanks