1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Should I Go Wireless?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    I've been looking at a particular product, the Nady XR61GT wireless rack mount. I'm tired of cables, i just crapped out my last 15' cable, and all I gut is a 10, and it knots up to like a 5. I just want to know, will it hurt my tone, will it make me clip, and what frequency band should I get?:confused:

2. bbp

bbp

Jul 25, 2002
    if you're using a 4 string, no. if you're using a 5 string, maybe a little. if you have the extra money, go with sennheiser. they make a model called the digital 1000. this is a fantastic unit. check out the specs at www.sennheiser.com. you can get it at american musical supply. i've bought a couple things from them and they're a great company to deal with.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Give the Samson Airline Bass a try. I have one and I love it. I used several other wireless and sent them all back because of tone loss. I play a 5 and a 6 string and haven't noticed any loss of low end with the Airline Bass. They run $299 at retailers like Sam Ash, etc.

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Cheezwiz, I like your avatar.:D