Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should I go with a V2 six string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman1185, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Gahh, I just saw that the Brice V2 six strings are down to $200. I know a lot of you really like your V2s, but I'm a little bit leary of buying a bass without trying it first. What would you compare the feel of the bass to? Soundgears, maybe? Also, how tight are the B strings on the fives and sixes? I was thinking of getting a Zbass 6 string, but they cost another $140. This is my first six string, and I'm not 100% sure I'm going to like sixers, so I figure $200 is a pretty small investment. Any suggestions?

2. I would say get it. I'm gettin one too and it will be my forst 6'er
    200 bucks is a SMALL investement you got nothing to lose

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I'm shopping around for a 6 string myself.

IMHO you'd be much better off saving another $100-200 and buying a used Ibanez SR406.

I'm not overly fond of the Ibanez tone, the B string on the SR's are somewhat loose feeling and require a delicate touch, but the necks make them quite easy to play for a 6 string bass. They aren't too gerthy at all. The price tag on them is also more than affordable. Ive been seeing them for as low as $299 and no higher than $399. IMO they arent the best 6 out there, but they are better than the Brice. One other thing to remember, you get what you pay for.

Happy hunting.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Got one. Like it. Recommend it. :bassist: