1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should I keep it, sell it, or trade it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Big Hoss, May 5, 2015.

1. Big Hoss

Big Hoss Up note, down note, blue note, brown note...

I have had my 1993 Ibanez SR500 now for, I am thinking 12 years (It was either 2003, or VERY early 2004 when I got it). When I got it the pickups were trashed, and there were are few dings in the finish, but otherwise the bass was in good shape. I picked up a set of EMG active PJs to replace the OEM active set, and gave it new strings, a good setup and have just been having a good go at it since...

I've mentioned in the past I am not the guy that is all that concerned about resale value, but I know this isn't a bottom of the barrel instrument. I have seen bone stock copies of this bass in worse shape selling, and actually moving on Ebay for a reasonable price (A shave under 4 bills...)

I am mostly tired of the active pickups, wanting a more passive traditional P / PJ sound.

There is nothing really wrong with this bass aside from a few minor cosmetic issues, it sounds great, plays great, but for some reason my attachment to it is, well somewhat less than it used to be...

I am pondering should I sell this off to get the funds for a Fender PJ, or Squier VM PJ, or do I keep it and see if the urge to dump it off goes away?

She's a good player, and super solid. I'd hate to dump it off and not be able to find another one if I decided I wanted that look, feel and sound again...

20150327_185830.

2. She aint eating any hay...keep the old girl....:thumbsup:

3. steveinohio

steveinohio

May 27, 2007
    Change the elctronics so it can be passive or active. Problem solved.