Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should i keep or sell ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Aug 27, 2004.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Since getting my Sadowsky my Warwick Infinity LTD 2000 has not been getting much play but i have been holding on to it because it is a rare bird. I right now have some MAJOR has for a Hofner and i have seen several at some good prices. I could also just take the money from the sale and Order a custom Sadowsky. What is your imput?. Thanks

Here is the Warwick http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=890

Here is the Sadowsky that is my main 5 now http://sadowsky.com/stock/view/62371.html

One Hofner i am considering http://users.linkexpress.com.br/kaufmann/hofner20.jpg

And if i could find this one i would buy it in a heartbeat http://users.linkexpress.com.br/kaufmann/hofner31.jpg

2. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I really like that Warwick and Im not a big Warwick fan. So I would keep it

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Agreed!! I like that Warwick model alot. If I had cash Major, I would buy it from you.. :(

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Sell that super W prototype to get one of them ole Hofners? :confused:

If I were you, I wouldnt sell it even if I got Paul McCartney's bass... or maybe then I'd sell it, then sell that one for a nice profit and buy the Infinity back :smug:

IMO, Hofners got no tone. Whereas, that Infinity is a tone machine, and I'm sure it plays way better, too.

Just my $0.02

5. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    i DREAM[not wet] of that bass dont sell it...
    if you play wedding gigs get the hof... but jesus they aint
    a limited warwick are they

6. From having read many of your posts in "basses" recently, I'm surprised you even ask. I thought you liked to "giggle on the inside". ;)

7. MAJOR METAL

I giggle on the inside with my Sadowsky :bassist: . With the Warwick i enjoy the mids very much.

8. MAJOR METAL

The new Hofners are fine instruments.

9. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I don't think I'd sell if I were in your position. Try and save up the cash, buy the Hofner, and then decide what you like the least -- and then sell that. Or, you might find that they all fit you really well because they all do different things well. Warwicks, Sadowskies, and Hofners are all pretty different instruments and you might find yourself loving the Hofner, but totally missing the growl and middy goodness of the Warwick. Try and own all three. Versatility is a bassist's best friend.

10. dont keep it and dont sell it...

GIVE it too me :D

maybe not

11. MAJOR METAL

True but Sadowsky is my main solid body bass now, i have a few hollow bodys but i got bit buy the Hofner bug really bad after i was rocken on a Cavern bass last weekend. I would really just hang on to the warwick since it is a rare bass.

12. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Yeah, those are 3 very different basses. Better to have one of each! :D

13. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

+1, keep that beauty! im sure it sounds nice too!

14. So I've noticed.
    Alright then, which is better, giggling or enjoying? I personally like doing both, every now and then.
    If its rarity is why you hold on to your Warwick, not sheer enjoyment of playing it, I see no harm in trading it for something you'd play more often.

15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    If you only want to keep the Warwick for the novelty of owning a rare instrument, I'd say sell it and grab the Hofner. Doesn't seem like it's worth it to keep around something you aren't all giggly about.

16. MAJOR METAL

I just think since i got into Sadowsky that they are more in line with my playing in what i am looking for in a 5 string bass.I dont own anyother bass like that warwick so it fills a viod.

17. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Damn, it didnt go! :(
    Just when I posted it, in came the mesage that the server is broken down for maintenance...
    I'll post again, then

18. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Dude, it shows your ignorance against Warwicks. Its not just a rare instrument, but a rare instrument that has monster tone and plays well. Also, as a prototype, it must've got a lot of extra attention.

Go and try some of those hofners and compare the tone, feel, construction, finish, etc - that should make that bug go away ;)

19. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Just my opinion, but I would not let go of that sweet thing!
    Patience, GAS funds will build over time... Ken

20. MAJOR METAL

Good Idea , thanks.