Should I pull the trigger or no? (VM Fretless)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jmattbassplaya, Mar 2, 2010.

1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    I`ve been looking for a Squier VM Fretless for awhile now and one just went up on a local CL for $240.

It`s in really good condition, but $240 seems like a lot for that bass used - especially when I could probably talk GC down to $260 new...

So what do you guys think? Should I pull the trigger or wait for another one to hopefully show itself on the TB classifieds for the standard $190-$220 shipped?

:help::p

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Offer $200 and be done with it.

3. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    +1
    you should easily be able to get a brand new one for under $300. man i want one of those. i hate being broke.:(

4. Are there any circumstances where you can't get !0% off at GC? I get sometheng from them with a 10% coupon every month. Even without it, $260 for a new one with a warrantee seems like a no-brainer to me.

5. Lovin' mine!

Don't know about other areas but, the GC here has a "no haggle" policy now. The price marked is the price they'll sell it for. Internet pricing keeps everybody's prices in line now so there's not much room to haggle. Bummer really!

Even at $299, it's a helluva' bargain......I doubt you'll be sorry.

6. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    To me, my Squier VM feels like a +$300 bass. I'd say $240 is a fine deal if you can walk with it at $240 (no tax). But i'd offer $200 and see what they say. It's tough for me, because I bought mine for $150 off a guy on Craigslist - freshly set up with flatwounds too.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021