1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should I put Seymour Duncan Qp's in my Ibanez?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Ronbeast, Sep 21, 2008.

1. I'm new here and do not know if another question like this has already been uploaded,but anyways here it goes.Should I put a set of Seymour Duncan quarter pounders in my Ibanez sr300fm? I have been trying to get a deeper more pronounced sound from my bass and have heard these pickups can do almost exactly that for a decent price.My bass has a P/J configuration if that much info is needed.Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'm not in the market for a new amp setup so that is basically ruled out.

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I think the Quarter Pounders will give you more of what you want. They're good, fat sounding pickups that still have top end.

3. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    i bought a pair for my J earlier :):):)

Sure why not?? you basically justified them in the start "heard these pickups can do almost exactly that for a decent price" so go for it

4. Thanks for the support,perhaps I will pick up a pair of these as soon as I can scrape the money together.