1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should I repair - or buy new?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Johnny5, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Johnny5

Johnny5

Mar 5, 2006
    Calgary, Canada
    So I've got this GK 410 cab (not sure what model), basic, no horn or anything, and all 4 speakers need replacing (my idiot brother and his idiot friends used a busted ass peavy guitar amp to power it). I thought about taking it to the shop and having 4 Yorkville's put in, but that'd be like $600 CND. Is it worth doing this or should I look into a new cab? I like the 410 setup and would like to stick with it. I got the cab used off a friend and I desperately needed one so it's not like I prefer the GK sound to anything else. That being said, what are some good cabs out there?
    Thoughts?

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Time for a new cabinet... Sell off the old one as-is and pour the money into the new one.

3. BFISHER1970

BFISHER1970 Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    check out avatar's website. they sell eminence replacement drivers for very cheap

4. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    +1 on the Eminence replacement speakers. I haven't done this to any of my own cabs, but every one I've heard that other people have done sounds great.