1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should I return this guitar?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Zanzibar Delgado, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Zanzibar Delgado

Zanzibar Delgado Supporting Member

hi, I recenty got an Ibanez RG321MHE on sale at Zzounds.com (I paid $190; it's normally $350). The guitar came in yesterday and it seems to have a couple issues.

1) There's are dead frets higher up on the B string (20th fret or so). I can't lower the action very much at all or this problem spreads to other frets/strings. So right now I'm stuck playing with higher action than I'd like (and still with a couple dead notes on the B string). The neck seems to have good bow as far as I can tell and there's nothing obviously wrong with the nut or bridge. I suspect an uneven fret job is at work.

2) The binding on the neck is pretty uneven and sloppy. There's even seems to be a small amount of binding almost scooped out on the bass side of the 3rd fret.

3) Fret edges are sharp on the bass side of the neck.

So, do you think I should ask for a replacement sent, or is this just standard fare for a $350 guitar? And if you do think I should ask for a replacement, how should I go about doing so? I think there's a 45-day return policy on Zzounds (although I don't know if I'd have to pay shipping) and I have Ibanez's limited warranty. Would I be able to get a full exchange even though the sale has expired?

Any other suggestions as to fixing this problem (mainly the dead frets) are welcome. Thanks in advance. If anyone has experience returning a product to Zzounds.com that would be great too.

2. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Yes.

3. tabdog

tabdog

Feb 9, 2011
    It doesn't sound like you are
    going to be happy unless you
    send it back,

Tabdog