Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

should I run anything in conjunction with a BassPOD?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by voionmaa, Apr 3, 2002.

1. voionmaa

voionmaa Guest

Apr 3, 2002
    Just wanted to get some opinions on whether or not running the BassPOD directly from Bass-BassPOD-FOH Board is the best way to connect for live sound.

Don't worry about monitors, just looking for the best sound delivered to the FOH. Have read some reviews that suggest putting a tube unit between the Bass and BassPOD will improve the sound quality even more.

Any thoughts?

2. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    POD to FOH is perfect, this is what I've been doing for the past few months on any live gigs I've done (and a friend of mine used his POD like this doing Riverdance on broadway), I dont know about using a tube unit, after all the POD 'models/emulates' classic tube amps anyway.

I read somewhere that on lower powered pa systems its best to set the 'trim' to zero and use the PODs output settings instead (I wouldnt be well up on this area unfortunately but I'm sure some of our other POD pros will give you better info)

If you want some other info try

www.podforums.com

I think this is primarily a guitar POD forum but they seem pretty knowledgeable about bass POD as well.

Hope this helps

3. voionmaa

voionmaa Guest

Apr 3, 2002
    Murf

thanks for the thoughts. I tend to agree on the tube in front of the POD. I tried running my Aguilar DB659 preamp into the POD and it really mellowed the sound so much as to muddy it. It just seems amazing that this little box, that cost 1/3 of the Aguilar, has such great sound.

I'll check the POD forum out. Sounds interesting.

thanks
    mark

4. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
  5. I've tried several combinations{BassPOD and several DIs pre and post} and I am of the opinion just use the B-POD, anything else really mucks up the sound. I do use my Zoom 607 up front sometimes for efx but otherwise just the B-POD.

6. voionmaa

voionmaa Guest

Apr 3, 2002
    bassbrad

do you link the sound of the BPod for live or do you use something else? Monitors aren't a problem. I am playing through a good FOH system.

thanks
    mark

7. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I use the Bass Pod Pro into a BBE Sonicmax into a DOD X-over, that splits the hi/lo's into a stereo Qsc power amp, that powers a Hartke 4x10 paper cone top and an EV 15 bottom. I send the D.I.(amp modeled out) to the house. No need for tube anything because its all modeled by the Pod. You just need to amplify the sound coming out of the Pod...thats the beauty of it. I run my effects(looper,octave,overdrive/dist.) before the Pod, because you can only run one effect at a time, the only drawback I can find with the Pod.