Should I sell a couple basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rayzak, Feb 14, 2003.

1. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    As some of you may have read, I just recieved my 535 yesterday:) Well, that makes 5 basses that I own. The MTD, a Lakland Skyline JO, Stingray, Fender USA P-bass dlx, and a Fender USA J-bass V dlx(the Fenders are '02 with the 18 volt pre-amps).
    Now, I love all of these basses, but I don't play all of them that much, as of now. I won't get rid of the Lakland, it's my favorite non-MTD;) bass that I have, it took over that title from the Ray recently. I also don't think I want to sell the Ray. That leaves the Fenders. I love the P, it's beautiful, thumpy and just a sweet bass, plus i'd probably take a bit hit $$-wise if I were to sell it. The Jazz V is just as sweet. Plus it's my only other 5 string than the... you guessed it, the 535:rolleyes: I picked that up used for a very good deal. I may even be able to make a small profit off of that one. I'd have such a tough time getting rid of any of these, but really, I don't see me using the fenders much(and this is not a knock on Fenders, I absolutely love these basses).
    So, should I sell 'em and let someone else use them the way they were meant to be played or should I just keep 'em and maybe in the future i'll be happy I didn't sell them? I don't absolutely need the money, but it sure wouldn't hurt either. wish I knew how to post a poll:rolleyes:
    Anyway, just curious as to what everyone's opinions are. Thanks.
  2. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    No, you're just getting started! ;)
  3. If I were to sell any of them (which I personally wouldn't) it would be the fender Jazz, since you allready have a skyline JO.
  4. That is a pretty sweet collection you have there, but if I were you, I'd hang on to them, even though you might not use some of them very often, you might want them down the road, or hang on to them untill they're vintage gear & people will give you the mad money for them :D :rolleyes:
  5. fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    You'll probably regret it if you do sell one and with the hit in $$$ you would take ? . IMO ... Keep them all.
  6. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    you could send me the JO.... you really don't want it!

Me, I am allergic to getting rid of basses... it just tears me up inside!