Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should I sell my Eden bass rig for $1300?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Muttluk, Nov 4, 2003.

1. I know kinda off the wall, and I know I havn't posted here in months, but...

I'm headed to college and have no use for a 4x10 bass rig. I posted an ad saying "make me an offer" and it's been 5 days, and someone just called offering $1200, I said I wanted more, and he was only willing to go up to $1300.

In totall it's a WT-800, d4x10xlt, ATA style case, furman power strip. All in 9/10 condition (not 10/10 because nothing is 10/10 unless it just was taken out of the box).

Should I take it? Please respond asap as I need to call him back by tomarrow.

2. any comments at all. Any thoughts are welcome.

3. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    You are losing a lot of money at that price.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, the head is probably worth $900, the cab at $500 plus another $100 for the rest, so I'd say $1600 is more like it. At $1400 the other guy would be getting a great deal and you'd have $1400 cash.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Well...the ad had no action for five days, the first guy that calls makes you a really good offer. He even jumped up $100 right away. Yeah, it isn't what it is "worth", but how often do any of us get what we think our item is "worth" anyway?

You can hold out for the $200-300 you think it is worth, and let the rig you already told us you have NO use for sit in your closet/garage/den/wherever. This guy already has some cash, and appears ready to buy. A month from now you may have a useless bass rig laying around, while the dude spent his $1300 on someone elses rig.

Me? I would take the offer. It isn't outrageously low.

-Mike

6. Good point munji, I was tempted to ask for $1400, but mj does have a pretty good point.

anyone else got anything to say? Anything at all.

7. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    If I had the cash I would give you 1500. I would hold out. That is a STEAL at $1300. If the guy can find $1300 don't you think he can find $100 or $200 more. Don't give in to the man! Stand firm, don't give it away.

GOOOOOODDDDD LLLUUUUUCCKKKK!

8. I say be patient. Good gear moves fast. 5 days is nothing.

9. Agreed .