Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should I sell my Mesa cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I have too many cabs and I am now using the Ampeg 8-10. I recently bought a Mesa 2-15 RR (Older with reconed drivers), and I got my Mesa Powerhouse 1000. I never used these together , nor with the 8-10. They are all great cabs, and I am worried about regretting parting from them. I know I'm sick in the head. You know, GAS in reverse.... :spit:

2. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I'm interested in the Mesa 2x15 RR, make me a good price and I'll check for the shipping....

So ... I'm actually in the same situation but, with a Chorus pedal. I used it 5 times in 4 years. What should I do ? I dunno but I'm sure that I'll need it if i decided to sell it .

3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    You should sell them to me. I have about $20 to my name.

4. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I know it is a silly question. BELGIUM?, Shipping? Right.!

5. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    If you go for boat style shipping, the prices are not so bad. Living long enough to ever see the cab is the hard part ;) :crying:

6. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Bob...I am in the same boat as you. I've got tons of cab's...still honestly not satisfied that I have found "MY" sound, but thinking I will regret letting a cab go...aside from the concern that I will take a considerable hit getting rid of this stuff, especially when shipping comes into play.

The one cab I really haven't played with a lot is a good ole' tried and true Ampeg 8x10..Bob what's your A/B of this one against the PH1000? I love the tightness of the PH1000 I have but man it's a pain to gig with due to it's weight. I keep wondering how my Mesa Bass 400+ would sound through an Ampeg fridge.....Hmmmmmm

7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    No, really he does. He has to drive a heavy duty Ford to his gigs :bassist: