1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should I sell my SA200?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FbassDave, Sep 6, 2008.

1. FbassDave

FbassDave

May 29, 2005
    South Oz
    Gawd, I've been wanting a DB750 for a long time now and GAS is reaching critical mass...

If I did sell the SA200, it would be next to impossible to replace if I missed it, as I live down under.

My LMII handles the majority of gigs I do - the SA200 spends most of it's time lounging around the house looking pretty, with the occasional gig or studio outing. Moving it around is not an issue, it's just that if something is going to get stolen/damaged/drenched I'd prefer it wasn't the Sadowsky.

I've tried the DB750 and I know the tone will work for what I'm doing, but I've read people speculating on what the SA200's will be worth in X number of years time, etc etc. Is the 'investment' value a real consideration or is it largely hype?

2. tomas_almeida

tomas_almeida

Oct 5, 2007
    Portugal
    Don't sell it, unless it's to me! ;)

I think you shouldn't, but it's your call.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I think collector's value is a real consideration with the Sadowsky amp. I think it will only appreciate from here on out. But that's strictly my opinion.

4. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    Since most seem to think not to sell it, give it away in a lottery style.

Say, the first person to guess the correct number between 1 and 3.

I guess 2.

5. I sold an Eden VT300A (all tube Eden 300 watt'er) a few years back for the same reason. I have some sellers remorse but, I live with it.

6. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

Can't the SA200, do what the DB750 can do?

If your Little Mark II, is your main amp.
    Keep the SA200.

It will only go up in value.

7. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    gear is pretty lousy from an investment standpoint so I wouldn't factor that into the equation. unless you don't love the SA200, i'd hold on to it. i haven't played one, but a lot of folks consider it the holy grail so i think you would have a hard time improving on it. db750's come up for sale used quite often so why not just save your pennies and pick one up down the road? my bet is that if you had both for a while, the db750 would be the one to go down the road. i'm all for GAS except when it makes us get rid of something for something else just for the sake of newness. resist the temptation!

8. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I'd sell it... Too bulky to carry around.

9. +1

10. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    The DB750 seems to show up a lot because they don't satisfy everyone's tone goals. What amp does. I mean that the amp is really wonderful but some find that it doesn't actually do what it seems it would live. The out of control bass comes to mind..... though some have healed that with tube changes. It is heavy and some get tired of carrying it. Who knows it may be your sound. Just get one without selling the SA and just resell it if it's not you.

11. Longneck

Longneck

Mar 19, 2008
    Gulf Coast USA
    Dave, you almost sold your SA200 to me at the beginning of the year! Good thing we had international banking complications and it fell through because (now that I have my own SA200), I believe you'd regret parting with the Sadowsky in not too much time. You'd likely never find another to love (and you do love it, don't you?). That's more of a reason to hold on to it than a potential appreciation in price. And have you actually done a few jobs with a DB750? I'm for finding some means of obtaining a DB750 and retaining the SA200 until your can give the Agulair a good try. You can always sell the Sadowsky.

Relish the passion of your GAS. (And when I say "passion," I mean suffering.) That's part of its appeal. Stretch out your yearnings for as long as possible while you devise a means of having both amps. At least, unlike if you were searching for an SA200, you can have a reasonable expectation of actually locating a DB750 when you're ready to pony-up.

Whatever you do, I know you'll keep it funky!
    Your pal, Jefferson (Longneck)

P.S. I got a LMII a few months ago and am using it most of the time, too! Even when I take the SA200 out, I bring the LMII along as a back-up. The only reason I wouldn't is if I forgot it!