Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should I sell my semi-first bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Obsolex, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Ok, my first bass was a Samick, had it for 8 months, it broke, then i got an Ibanez GSR200. About 5 1/2 months ago I got an Ibanez SR3005 and love the hell out of it. But when I got my SR3005, I "gave" my friend my GSR. But now he wants to actually buy it, so it is rightfully his, for 80 dollars. I don't know if I should sell it or not? I still have my broken sammick. Do you guys have your first one still? _-soto-_

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'd sell it.

Not like the GSR200 is a rare bass that was only made 350 times.

I'd sell mine if someone really wanted to buy it.

3. in repair16

in repair16 Guest

Apr 24, 2003
    Whiting, Indiana
    Would u trade it for a squier :D

:confused:

:(

4. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Hell no dude:
    1. You live in India (says your info)
    2. I don't even need a second bass in the first place.
    _-soto-_

5. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    A first bass may mean alot to you. Mine does, I plan on giving it to my kid if I have one. But whats more worth while? Holding onto a bass that you dont play because its nastolgic or selling it to someone else so it will have the same impact it had on you? If I were you I would sell it to my friend, he would probably use it more....and thats a better cause for happiness in my opinion.

6. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Yeah, and I would also be passing on the gift of having a bass, lolz. No, it is a gift, cuz bass is the ****. But yeah, I think I will I would have NO use for it whatsoever, it would just be a dust collector... Hey! lolz just kidding. thanks, _-soto-_