1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Should I sell my semi-first bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Obsolex, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Ok, my first bass was a Samick, had it for 8 months, it broke, then i got an Ibanez GSR200. About 5 1/2 months ago I got an Ibanez SR3005 and love the hell out of it. But when I got my SR3005, I "gave" my friend my GSR. But now he wants to actually buy it, so it is rightfully his, for 80 dollars. I don't know if I should sell it or not? I still have my broken sammick. Do you guys have your first one still? _-soto-_

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'd sell it.

Not like the GSR200 is a rare bass that was only made 350 times.

I'd sell mine if someone really wanted to buy it.

3. in repair16

in repair16 Guest

Apr 24, 2003
    Whiting, Indiana
    Would u trade it for a squier :D

:confused:

:(

4. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Hell no dude:
    1. You live in India (says your info)
    2. I don't even need a second bass in the first place.
    _-soto-_

5. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    A first bass may mean alot to you. Mine does, I plan on giving it to my kid if I have one. But whats more worth while? Holding onto a bass that you dont play because its nastolgic or selling it to someone else so it will have the same impact it had on you? If I were you I would sell it to my friend, he would probably use it more....and thats a better cause for happiness in my opinion.

6. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Yeah, and I would also be passing on the gift of having a bass, lolz. No, it is a gift, cuz bass is the ****. But yeah, I think I will I would have NO use for it whatsoever, it would just be a dust collector... Hey! lolz just kidding. thanks, _-soto-_