1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

should i sell my trombone

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, May 3, 2006.

1. to buy a new bass

it is currently just a souvenir of when i played it in highschool graduated almost 5 years ago and dont play it anymore

2. Is this something you're going to regret later when you reminisce back to your highschool days?

3. dont think so i always wanted to play bass in highschool but there was 5 bassist in the band and only one bass so they already had to fight for the bass that was there

4. i'd get rid of it then...unless you think you will ever play it again

5. I sold my trombone after I quit marching band, and it let me start bass. So, it was incredibly important. 3 years later I somewhat regret it because I'd like to play it, for ska or blues or something, but no huge problem cause my bass career wouldn't have been able to begin if I had kept it. If its just buying another bass, think about your future a bit more, but if you've had it for 5 years....meh go sell it. Pennysaver all the way, I sold mine for 4 times what the shops offered me.

6. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    dont play the trombone, you can get called names like "tromboner" :D

anyway if you dont play it sell it!

unless it has sentimental value of course

7. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Only you can answer this question.