should I snag this deal !?!?!?! please help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by a e i o u, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Music123 is selling a "B stock" Geddy Lee bass for $540...! but you have to pay for the shipping. (A brand new geddy lee is $630 w/ free shipping)

this is what B stock means:
    Noticeable scratches, dents and/ or nicks. Typically a customer return or refurbished product. GUARANTEED TO PLAY PERFECTLY. Includes FULL MANUFACTURER WARRANTY and Music123's 45 day 100% satisfaction guarantee. Our loss is your opportunity to SAVE MONEY!
  2. dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    Why not grab a used one? They are all over and can be had for less than that.

(And you might get pics of the condition of the used bass, where I don;t thin Music123 will give you details)

3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I guess that depends on how much shipping will cost. If it's in the area of $30, you're only saving $60 off of a new one. Is the $60 worth it to you to have a ding-free bass? You tell me. If shipping is $15, is it worth $75, etc.

Personally, since the difference is less than $100, I would save up the extra week or two weeks (or month) and get a nice, shiny, new one. It would be worth the extra time/money, but that's just me. Are you looking at the GL because the GL is your dream bass and you've been wanting one forever? If so, I would definitely wait the extra time- you'll kick yourself if you don't.

If you just stumbled on it and thought to yourself "hey, that's not a bad deal, I suppose I could see myself with a GL", then go for it.

4. I agree with SuperDuck :)
  5. it is practically my dream bass, I can't think of anything I'd like better. I guess I will wait on it. Thanks for the help :D
  6. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

BASSically, it is really not a DEAL.

Get the blemish free one if you want it pristine.
    For a 100 bucks off for scratch and dent, you may as well have a used one.

Personally, I just bought a MIJ J Bass 87/88 Vintage at GC for 249. Excellent condition. Plays very well. I could have paid 400 bones more, but why?

You certainly should be able to get a good used one and save hopefully 2 - 300 dollars.

Keep looking. That's what Brad Johnson would do!
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    ... plus the aggravation of dealing with those pinheads at Music123.
  8. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I wouldn't bother. After shipping, you've probably spent $560 on the bass. You might as well spend the extra $70 and get a new one.