Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

should i start another band? advice wanted

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mrWr0ng, Dec 22, 2001.

1. i'm feeling really restless right now. it may well be something that's passing, but i'm writing all these basslines that are incredible, emotional, melodic and still pretty hardcore, but all the stuff i show to the band that i play with now we're already full with... we're getting ready to go into the studio next month to lay down a 12 song album, and we gotta have our stuff down.
    my thing is, i'm just writing SO much stuff and i hate not being able to play it all. right now i just do bass, and i want to do bass and vocals for another band, but i don't think i've got the time. i've got a full time job, i go to school full time, go to the gym 3 times a week, and my only 2 free days (saturday and sunday) i've got band practice from 12 - 4 both days, so i don't think i've got TIME for another band, plus i'd have to get a PA and all that.
    so what do you guys think i should do? i've got pages and pages of bass lines that would make awesome songs, and i want to sing, too. but i've only got like 16 free hours a week (maybe a couple nights during the week if i take al my band gear everywhere i go), i want to collaborate with other people to record the stuff i've got but i don't like recording by myself on my computer. it never turns out right.
    anyways that's about it. i'm blabbering. maybe it will pass, or i can start another band in 2 years after i finish school and i can devote my week nights to practicing with another band. i hate being all restless. i should go party.

2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    well obviously you dont have the time.keep your ages and dont throw away the basslines.so wait a few weeks until you record your cd.once your band wants to start making songs again,show them your work.

3. two words: side project! the material sounds like it's too good to gather dust.