Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

should i stay or should i go?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Jun 3, 2004.

1. as most of you know i have a fender fretless jazz bass, i dont likie the color (agav blue) and i dont like the neck. latly i have been thinking of getting a fretted neck off of warmoth or allparts. after i get a neck i would want some fender reissue 60s pickups, and then after the pickups i would want to get a bridge. do you think i should just buy a new bass which already has the pickups i want the neck i want and the bridge and the color, and the tuning keys (forgot to mention those)?

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Oi. Didn't you already get that other neck -_-.. Stop saying what you're going to do.. 99/100 times, you're not even going to do it. Wait a few more years until you have a steady income, then start takling about what you will buy/plan to buy :).

3. Oh ho! Making plans without money to back it up 8)? By the time you buy all those parts you'll have a new bass :p.

4. well, to answer the question (sorry, i don't know your money situation or whatever), i would say buy a new bass. that way you'll have a fretted and a fretless at your disposal. but if what the other guys said is true (not having any money), i'd hold off and save money for a cool new bass, like a sadowsky or a lakland...

Charlie

5. if i were going to get a brand new bass i would probably get a fender 60s reissue for 629. all i have right know is 200. so i would just sbuy the new bass and then sell my fretless. and some other stuff to pay it off.