should i trade a Streamer LX for a Status Eclipse?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by themajorrager, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Hi, i am looking to get rid of my 05' Streamer LX 4 in mint condition. I had an offer of a trade for a Status Graphite Eclipse Series 1 5 string in very good nick.
    Just wondering if you guys think this is a good trade?
    Any advice/opinions are appreciated.
    cheers,
    chris

2. bump

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    The Streamer LX 4 is a great bass, and the Eclipse basses are amazing...but it's a 5. For me, that would sour the deal to the point of me keeping the Warwick, I'm afraid! Mind you, if you ever get a chance for an Eclipse 4 string, go for it!

4. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I'd say it's an almost unfair trade for whoever is willing to let go of the Eclipse, the Streamer LXs belong to Warwick's more basic German-made models, whereas the Eclipse is one of the higher-end Status models. As I'm a Status fan, it'd be a no brainer for me, I think they sound superb and extremely punchy, and probably a bit cleaner than the Warwick.

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The only thing that would make me think twice about that deal is considering how much to offer, over and above my Warwick, in trade for the Status.

6. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    If it's a direct trade then grab it.

7. thanks guys. im actually getting a bit of money FOR my wick in the trade for the status!!! looks like i got me a good deal!

8. thanks for your advice guys. im all set for the trade - and would you believe it i am getting some money on top of the status for my warwick!!!
    looks like its my lucky day ;)

9. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Awesome!
    You'll really need to send it up to me in Sinny for a few months to make sure it's OK.....

10. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Ooops, so the Status is wood-necked after all, their variety of models is a bit confusing. I'm also beginning to understand why you got such a good deal, for some reason, wood-necked Status basses don't keep their value very well, even though they play and sound awesome.

11. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    It's true. Sometimes the wood necked/bodied S1s and the like get confused with the lower end Energy models. I have an all wood S1 (check sig for crappy picture) and it has become my number one bass. Very fat, articulate, and warm. Cuts like buttah.

12. thanks guys for the updates. trade will be taking place next week. looking forward to joining the status club!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021