1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Should I trade my Elrick for this DJ5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chris.gotfunk, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Yes you idiot that bass is smokin'

19.8%
  2. No you moron the wenge neck and wenge board is where it's at

62.8%
  3. Neither, sell the bass and buy a bag of carrots!!!!

17.4%
  1. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    I am torn. I love my Elrick, but this Lakland Darryl Jones looks hot. This is a straight across trade. I need some help from my fellow brothers.

Peace,
    Chris
    bass1.
    IMG_1192.

2. Why would you trade that Elrick for a jazz clone? The Lakland is nice but the Elrick is nicer.

3. DaveF

DaveF

Dec 22, 2007
    New Westminster, BC
    That would be like trading your house for a condo! Sure the DJ is nice, but an Elrick?

And why does your poll make me call you either an idiot or a moron?

4. magickbass

magickbass Guest

May 24, 2008
    This is comparing apples and oranges. Lakland's are nice but that Elrick is SCHWEET!!!

5. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    I know I am stupid for even considering it. There is something about the look of that bass that is just dead sexy!!!! The tone and feel of the Elrick is what is keeping me grounded to it.

Thanks for the input. :bassist:

Peace,
    Chris

6. DaveF

DaveF

Dec 22, 2007
    New Westminster, BC
    You should just buy the DJ5 and keep both of them. Then you're set for any situation!

7. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Good point, then I would have to get rid of something because I am only allowed to have 3 basses at the same time and I have two customs being built for me. So, at some point this Elrick will have to make a departure from the herd.

8. Here's a thought, just buy a Squire 5 string jazz and spray paint it green sparkle and you'll be set.

9. Look at the trade he's contemplating.

10. There's always the option of choosing the "bag of carrots" (what's with the carrots that keep popping up on polls?), although given that multiple-choice questions are forced-choice, I would guess that the pollster's sense-of-humour led to forcing most of us to endorse either "idiot" or "moron."

11. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    I'd rather play the DJ

12. naetog

naetog Supporting Member

May 26, 2006
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I'd keep the one you've got. GAS is messing with your head. Isn't the DJ 5 only a Skyline series model?? If you do go for it you'd better get some cash along with it....moron....

13. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    Keep the one you got .

14. cigi

cigi

Aug 22, 2006
    It all depends.

I would trade the DJ with some extra cash, because the elrick is worth it. I love the look and am more of a jazz man both in looks, sound and feel.

But I would never trade them without extra cash.

You've got to decide what you wat, but that doesnt help a lot offcourse :s.

15. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'd definitely hold onto the Elrick if I was you.

16. mattygbass

mattygbass Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    if its a u.s.model than its a good trade if its a skyline, it could be a great bass but its not an even trade.

17. I'll repeat myself, Squire Jazz + Krylon spray paint = that bass you want to trade the Elrick for.

In all seriousness though, it doesn't seem worth it. That Elrick is a truly high end piece of art. The skyline is a Korean mass produced dime a dozen instrument.

18. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    By a 5-string SX with blocked neck and have Ibanezcollector refinish it like the DJ5 I say.

19. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Keep the Elrick!

20. Tone and feel trump looks. Therefore, keep the Elrick. Have you ever played the DJ5?