Should I Trade My L-2000 for a Rumblefish

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Harpo, Mar 5, 2003.

1. L-2000

18 vote(s)
  2. Rumblefish

2 vote(s)
  1. Harpo

Feb 1, 2001
    Kings Park NY
    I have a chance to trade my L-2000 for a Rumblefish XL . I been having some weight issues with the G&L .
  2. beefhaus2000

Sep 25, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nope. Get a hollow ASAT bass. Those Reverends are just glorified Danolelectros.:) They sound good, but they are damn ugly
  3. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    You should ask Dave Siff -- I believe he has a Rumblefish and is quite happy with it.
  4. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    I can't speak for the L-2000, but i have both a 4 string and 5 string Rumblefish (as well as a fender, a gretsch and a Dean) and I can wholeheartedly recommend the 'fish!!!! Lightweight, beautiful neck, fast action and Tone, Tone, Tone! I love the looks and think its one of the few truly innovative designs out there! Reasonably priced, too!
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I hear nothin but good things about the Fishes. They are heckuva light, and Dave Siffs sounded pretty good.

He kept it over a Carl Thompson. If that tells you anything...
  6. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I've had both and still have an L2K. The weight of the L2K is an ergonomic issue for you but the Fish can have issues of its own. The upper "bulge" (it's not really a horn) isn't as long as an upper horn on a "standard" (read Fender-style) bass so the the balance (particularly with the hollow body) can be a bit neck-heavy. The thing that killed the Fish for me was the non-contoured body. The armrest thingy just didn't cut it.

YMMV so try the Fish out and see if it's more comfortable for you. The Fish I had was a regular 4 (not XL) and the sound didn't do that much for me, particularly when compared to an L2K. Again, that was me - listen for what works for you.
  7. i find the rumblefish plenty comfortable, but with this transaction i'd be most concerned about the sound. i mean, they both sound great, but they certainly don't sound like each other.
  8. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I second the notion of getting an ASAT. If you like the sounds from your L2000, then you won't be happy with the Rubblefish. L2000s are swiss army knife basses. You have so many different sounds that come out of them.
  9. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Isn't the rumblefish much cheaper than the L-2000? If you want one, save up a $400 and watch for one on ebay.
  10. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I'd like to play a rumblefish if I ever got the they sound great....but......and I respect those who think they look cool....but IMO they are some of the most oogly things I've ever laid eyes on.