should i trade?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by d_money, Jun 19, 2004.

1. d_money

Jun 13, 2004
    Hi! I'm not new to this forum but after not posting for a long time the system has locked out my old user name so I created a new one. The question I have is about a potential trade with someone I know. I have a new Fender 400 Pro combo and he is willing to give me two peavey 4x10 cabinets, a Firebass 700 and a T-max head if I give him my combo and $200. Well what does everyone in talkbass land think about that deal. I like how my bass sounds coming through both. I play a Lakland 55-01. Tell me what you think.
  2. Well, if your Fender combo is serving you well at the moment in terms of volume and tone, why bother? Also consider portability. Peavey isn't known as a company which manufactures lightweight products.
  3. d_money

Jun 13, 2004
    thanks for replying to my post. I was just thinking that two for the price of one would be a good deal. any more replys out there?
  4. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    The only problem i can see with the trade would be portability. Otherwise i personally would do it. For $200 you would be changing up from a Combo to a Much more versatile High Power amp. Also Fender arent really known for making nice bass amps where as Peavey continue to get better and better.