Should I trust eBay?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by wdinc01, Feb 18, 2006.

1. I wonder why that seller replaced the bridge, neck. It doesn't make any sense.
  2. ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Ask him about it if you're worried, feeling out a seller is never a bad thing.
  3. He says the only reason why he's selling it is that he needs the money. My guess is that it was his personal bass, and he modded it to his liking.

If I do get it, I'm gonna see if I can get the original neck.
  4. Looking at the items associated with his other feedbacks, he seems to have sold a few basses and amps before, with satisfied customers. There's a contact number there, you could always give the guy a ring!

At the end of the day, if you aren't totally happy with the auction, don't do it. You'd kick yourself if you got stung, no matter how unlikely it is. That said, this seller looks pretty safe!
  5. I'll give the guy a call tomorrow. I figure it'd be too late to call him right now.

Sadly, I don't have an eBay account, so I guess I'll have to open one for this.
  6. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

The bridge and the neck are the best parts! It's what makes it a geddy. I wouldn't even call that a geddy anymore.
  7. irjason

irjason Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I agree. Seems like the bridge and neck would be 2 of the most desirable parts of a Geddy. If he wanted a bass to modify why not use a normal Jazz? My bet is that they are on another bass he is keeping.

EDIT: Ha, Jazzin beat me to it.
  8. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

|) @ /\/\ |\| right!
  9. Mississippi Al

Mississippi Al

Feb 17, 2006
    Let me give you some advice when it comes to EBay.

First....relax, I have seen a bunch of these Geddy's lately.

Look for auctions ending during weird hours and then call off work or set your alarm, whatever you need to do to put yourself in front of the computer during the last two minutes of auction. Wait until the last second to bid and always bid the max you are willing to spend.

Here is another hint, when searching--always use the distance nearest first feature, it allows you to find items closer to home--who knows, the seller might even invite you over to play it first---I've delivered basses to people that have bought from me on EBay, just picked up a mint condition 1987 SVT with rare Ampeg 1510 Cab (also mint) in Syracuse, NY (I live in Cleveland, OH) Gas and Tolls cost $70.00 Freight would have been over $100.00 Price paid? $250.00 Don't believe me? E-Mail me and I will show you the transaction.

Always ask for a phone number, if they won't provide one I won't buy from or sell to them.

Over 250 transactions on the books without any problems, be careful though--lots of fraudulent sellers. Know what you're buying.
  10. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    The necks not right, he won't take PayPal, I don't like his payment options. I'd trust E-Bay, but I don't like anyone w/ those payment options, although he is more than likely OK.
    If your anxious or greedy, that's when you'll get burned and there are more out there that will take PayPal and have the real neck on them.
  11. Well I took Bubba Love's advice to heart, and I had some doubt so I sorta decided not to go with it.

But the guy gave me a call back, he says he was playing a gig. I asked him about that, and he said he got a bunch of emails about it. He said that be bought the body then built it into a bass, so that explains the different parts. But he already sold it, so yeah. But hey, if he ever sells something on eBay that I want, I'd definately buy from him.