1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Should I use a Bass Pod on a Live Rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Luis Fabara, Mar 7, 2001.

1. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I have been thinking of getting a Bass Pod because Im gonna record with my band, so i think it will do the
    trick.
    BUt I wanted to know If it would be good on a Live Rig.. because im planning into getting one of those instead of an SVP-PRO that I wanted to buy.

Any thoughts?

2. The Bass POD works great for recording and I have been using mine for over 7 months on gigs as well with good results and haven't had any problems. I keep hearing second hand stories of problems "my friend" has had but no direct reports and there are a lot of folks who think it is a waste or that it sux. The reality is that it does what it does really well but it is not gonna make a crappy bass sound like a custom job and it isn't a multiFX unit.

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Good...
    Im thinking of getting the Bass Pod Pro and use it as my main preamp, I need to rackmount it .. and mate it with a Carvin DCM1000 Power amp,

4. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I own the POD Pro (my friend doesnt own one). I think its way too complicated and the sounds are awkward to change while playing. Now, I havent spent a lot of time with it so maybe if you really love it and are electronically brilliant, it might be OK.

My problem is that I LOVE MY CURRENT sound. The POD changes your sound at all times (there is NO bypass). So, I end up not being able to use the sound I've been developing for decades.

For my needs, I prefer my straight sound with a couple stomp boxes.

5. The bassist from APC uses one. You can read about it in BP Mag from a few months ago.