Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should I use a Bass Pod on a Live Rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Luis Fabara, Mar 7, 2001.

1. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I have been thinking of getting a Bass Pod because Im gonna record with my band, so i think it will do the
    trick.
    BUt I wanted to know If it would be good on a Live Rig.. because im planning into getting one of those instead of an SVP-PRO that I wanted to buy.

Any thoughts?

2. The Bass POD works great for recording and I have been using mine for over 7 months on gigs as well with good results and haven't had any problems. I keep hearing second hand stories of problems "my friend" has had but no direct reports and there are a lot of folks who think it is a waste or that it sux. The reality is that it does what it does really well but it is not gonna make a crappy bass sound like a custom job and it isn't a multiFX unit.

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Good...
    Im thinking of getting the Bass Pod Pro and use it as my main preamp, I need to rackmount it .. and mate it with a Carvin DCM1000 Power amp,

4. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I own the POD Pro (my friend doesnt own one). I think its way too complicated and the sounds are awkward to change while playing. Now, I havent spent a lot of time with it so maybe if you really love it and are electronically brilliant, it might be OK.

My problem is that I LOVE MY CURRENT sound. The POD changes your sound at all times (there is NO bypass). So, I end up not being able to use the sound I've been developing for decades.

For my needs, I prefer my straight sound with a couple stomp boxes.

5. The bassist from APC uses one. You can read about it in BP Mag from a few months ago.