Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

should i wait or go with another amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Platypus_Of_420, Feb 18, 2006.

1. wait for the 12" inch foo

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. just buy the 15" inch

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. forget about em and buy the nemesis or MAG 300

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. early this january, i ordered an ashdown electric blue 180 watt combo with a 12 inch speaker, well, they've emailed me pretty much every week saying they wont get it til 2 weeks after the last email they sent me. i emailed them asking what takes them so long and they told me theyre in their vendors' power, they cant do anything about it. i emailed ashdown about it, no response, and this was about a week ago.

so basically, theyve sent me an email they wont get it til jan. 17th, then jan. 23rd, then feb. 3rd, then feb. 12th, then feb. 20th, and now theyre saying they wont get it til march 3rd.

i dont want to end up waiting half a year for this. the other amps i had in mind were the ashdown MAG 300, but tahts $100 more and out of stock too, so i think it'd have the same problem. i was thinking of an eden nemisis S series but i've heard lots of buzz problems and i dont think it'd be as versatile as the ashdown.

but, there is the ashdown electric blue 180 watt 15 inch speaker thats in stock, just none of the other ashdown amps are. the thing is though, i dont want a 15" inch speaker that much, but i dont really have experience with them either, i was leaning toward a 12 inch because its the perfect fit between a 10" and a 15". but this it taking a ridiculously long time

so, what do you think i should do?

edit: i ordered it from music123

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Get the 12 but get it from here.

Click.

It looks like they are in stock.

:D

Joe.

3. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I own an Eden WT1205 and a Regular Nemesis 210, both great amps. I really like Eden, but not the Nemesis silver series.
    I don't care for "15 inch speakers, but I'd say do what you feel is right w/ the Ashdown. If you can cancel and get it somewhere else, that sounds good.

4. thanks joe, i owe ya one. i just ordered it from AMS and cancelled it from music123

thanks for the help

5. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    No prob.

:D

Joe.

6. If you ever get it, tell us how that works out. Looks like an interesting amp.

7. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    The Chinese made Ashdowns suck, stay away from them.
    Get a Peavey, Hartke, or SWR.

8. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Sounds like he's made up his mind.
    What is your opinion based on? The Ashdowns made in England are full of parts made in China and nobody seems to mind.
    Any SWR in that price range is made in Mexico. Most combo's are being moved overseas now.

9. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Heck, most EVERYTHING's being moved overseas now...:rolleyes:

10. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I expect everthing not high dollar high end will be. It's moving that way and companies won't be able to compete otherwise, but, my Nemesis is made in China under strict QC and is an excellent little amp.

11. get the amp that you want, just order it from somewhere else.

music123 always took really long with my orders as well. not that long, but still too long for me.