Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Should I..?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I recently got an SWR 4004 Head and a Tech21 RBI Rackmount. I realized that I could have gotten a powerful poweramp for the same price as the SWR Head, so I'm thinking of returning the head and exchanging it for a more powerful poweramp. Should I do this?

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Yes.

4. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    For what you pay for with the Workingman's heads, you don't get alot. You already have a kickass preamp, why spend money on another inferior preamp with a mediocre poweramp? Now get yo' booty back to that store and I wanna see you walk out with a high powered QSC!

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I'm thinking of getting a Peavey PV1500 poweramp. I also get 200$ back from a tradein with Musicians Friend. Win win situation. Better tone, much louder (poweramp can go up to 500-1000W), 200$ back (Which will go towards a bigger cab), and personal satisfaction :).

6. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    If weight isn't a concern, look at the RMX series from QSC. Lots of power for little bucks.