1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

should i?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by razorblade, May 21, 2011.

1. razorblade

razorblade

May 18, 2011
    I have a 60 watt amp that's a heavy bitch,the guy who owned before me broke the handle off, so carrying it is very awkward.should I put wheels on it?and how?

2. Yes, you have our collective permission. ;)

How?
    Now how would we know that when you haven't even told us what make and model, or even described it for us. there are usually several options available, depending on the cab. Post a picture, post a link to a catalog page, etc. you'll get more responses that way.

OK. Gotta go to my second gig of the day. First was a street festival at 11 AM, now a wedding reception, so I'll check back in this evening.

3. razorblade

razorblade

May 18, 2011
    It's a axl b60,don't know the dimensions:(

Attached Files:

4. 4 smaller casters with 1/2" wood screws should do just fine. Where was the original handle? Ever think about just replacing that with one of better quality?

5. razorblade

razorblade

May 18, 2011
    It was on top,I belive it was like a strap or something.

6. a580_3.

Get yourself a cheap folding hand cart like the one above.

They are not expensive, and long after your current combo amp is dead and forgoten, the cart will still be useable for hauling other gear.

7. RickeyC

RickeyC

Jan 17, 2011
    Arkansas
    ^^ +1 I got one from wally world that holds 110+ pounds for like 15$. That's what you would spend on wheels when it's all said and done anyway.. :) just my .02

8. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    harbour freight has nice casters. I got a set with locking wheels for 17$. they hold my 6x10 just fine. Although i still have to find a way to keep my rack to stay on top of the slant back of the cab.

9. inate_hex

inate_hex

Apr 4, 2010
    Manchester, England
    I occasionally wet the bed.
    ^^ +1

10. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    You can also buy a new strap for less than $10 and put that on. Even with wheels you are still going to have to pick it up to put in the car, stairs etc.

but +1 on the cart. I have similar to above and love it.

11. razorblade

razorblade

May 18, 2011
    Where do you get a magna cart?

12. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    get a piece of 3/4" plywood cut to the shape of the bottom of your amp, add 4 heavy duty casters and place your amp on it. Drill 4 holes through the board and amp floor and get 4 nuts and bolts long enough to go through both, and bolt them together. Or you could see about getting a replacement handle or both

13. razorblade

razorblade

May 18, 2011
    Sounds like the cheapest and smartest way to go is with the replacement strap,thanks guys:)

14. ...until THAT one breaks...

15. omnimutant

omnimutant

Dec 14, 2009
    Phoenix
    Yup Cart or Hand truck all the way. Save your back. You play bass. Your rig is always heavier then everyone else. Work smart, use wheels. :D

16. Or you could find a Harbour Freight coupon and get a small mover's dolly for $8.99 like I did. Fits my Carvin LS1503 perfectly.