Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

should I......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaggedsphere, Mar 2, 2003.

1. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
    replace the speaker in my yorkville 115" so as to get a clearer sound? it is quite muffled...

2. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    :meh: do you have any ideas as to waht you would replace it with? What's teh wattage? An Eminance or Black Widow might do a good job..

3. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
  4. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    In general, lone 15's usually sound somewhat muffled to some extent, but a clean head and good speaker can give some fairly defined midrange. If it were me, and it was doing the job soundwise- I'd replace the speaker if I could find a quality replacement for fairly cheap. You coudl really round out your sound my adding a 2x10 too. a 115 with 210 or 410 is a very popular set-up for smaller gigs. I'm not a genius on the subject by any means though- hopefully someone a littel smarter will come along and give you a more solid answer. :D

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes. Replace it with two 10's. Ever hear the phrase "tone-sucking muff monster"? That's a synonym for 15-inch speaker.

6. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    And all this time, I thought they were talking about my ex.

7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.

HAHAHA!!!

best laugh ive had in ages..:D

Id replace it aswell. The 2x10 is a good idea also ;)